Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Second Access Network FlashMeeting this Thursday

Up to twenty-five teachers from around Scotland will take part in the second trial Flashmeeting. This includes teachers of Access units and courses from secondary, FE, special ed, and learning centres. Colleagues will have their headsets and webcams at the ready, hoping that nothing 'fiddly' gets in the way of the connection.

I have been in regular contact with the guys at FlashMeeting, passing on advice to participants on how to test their connection well in advance of the meeting. Some IT support staff from local authorities have been in touch to go over details about ports and firewalls, following support requests from teachers.

I'm confident that a higher proportion of participants will manage to get access to the meeting this time (with advice having been sent out well in advance), although the benefit is that any issues regarding access can be looked into this side of the holidays.

Over 100 teachers have now registered an interest in the Network. With this in mind, I have pencilled-in a final test conference, at 4.10pm on Thursday, 28th June. Email me at noble_d@hillsideschool.co.uk to register (there are webcams and headsets still available). This meeting will feature the use of FlashBoard; a shared whiteboard/presentation tool.

Finally, I intend to issue details of the first six FlashMeetings for the Autumn term by Friday 29th June.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A really interesting meeting this afternoon thanks. Sorry my camera wasn't working - have managed to fix it now so you'll get to see my ugly mug next time.

8:41 PM  
Blogger David Noble said...

Hi Fearghal

I found it really interesting. The conversation has helped me to firm-up some loose ideas that I had with regards the Autumn term.

Maybe you could try out your webcam at next Thursday's trial...

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home