Thursday, May 24, 2007

FlashMeeting update

By the end of school today, forty-three teachers from across Scotland had registered to participate in The Access Network web conferences. This was despite some server problems which I believe has led to some colleagues not being able to register by email (please try dafc1885@hotmail.com instead, if this happens).

A range of subject areas are represented, with great potential for running specific Access Maths FlashMeetings in the future. Many Support for Learning staff have also 'signed up'. Colleagues appear to have been well informed by the letter from the SQA; the only things to be clarified are that the June 14th meeting is online also, and that participation in the Network is, and will be, free.

I am currently trying to source more than the twenty-five webcams and headsets that I originally budgeted for and hope that I can take delivery of these and issue them well in advance of the first meeting. Also, as each FlashMeeting can have a maximum of twenty-five participants, I am aware that a second introductory meeting me be arranged for the following week.

Any questions or comments can be made by emailing me at noble_d@hillsideschool.co.uk or by leaving a comment, below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home