Monday, June 04, 2007

FlashMeeting preparation

Tonight I set up a 'dummy' conference via FlashMeeting, with no attendees and myself as facilitator. This was to give me an idea of how to interact with a FlashMeeting prior to dozens of colleagues attending the trial Network meetings over the next couple of weeks.

Just before the start time, I visited the web address that I had been given. The site asked to check my webcam and headset which I agreed to. I then typed in the name that I wanted to be known by during the meeting and clicked on 'Enter'. Immediately, I was presented with a screen which had an area to the left where the person talking would be seen. To the right, was where you would see the list (or webcam image) of those who would be 'in' the meeting. A button in the middle of the screen would be pressed to ask for the microphone, with a easy-to-follow queue forming if more than one person requested to speak.

Beyond this, over time I would hope that participants could make use of the vote, web page sharing, and chat facilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home